In this video, Marc shares helpful strategies when it comes time for phone and in-person interviews for cybersecurity jobs. Discover how you have the advantage when you're currently employed. Learn ways to deal with questions about salary and how you can turn salary questions into valuable information about how much you can get paid for that job.
- [Instructor] Since you're transitioning…from your current career to a cybersecurity career,…you've probably gone through job interviews before.…But even if you've had that experience,…interviews can still be the source of anxiety.…The good news is there are strategies you can follow…to make the interview process a lot less stressful.…First of all, always remember that you have the advantage…if you're currently employed.…Even though you might want the cyberspace security job,…you don't really need the job.…The recruiter is the one trying to fill a need.…
Because you're not desperate, you can walk away at any time.…By keeping that in mind,…it can take some of the pressure off of you…to have a perfect interview.…Even if you don't get the job you want,…you're still employed.…As someone new to the cybersecurity field,…what do you say if you're asked…about your lack of security experience?…While it's no substitute for experience,…passion goes a long way with many employers.…Your answer can be,…I'm early in my cybersecurity career…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.