Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Interception proxies, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] Interception proxies are an important tool … used during the penetration testing of web applications. … During normal use of the web … a user launches a web browser on his or her computer … and he uses it to retrieve information from web servers. … The user's web browser creates requests using HTTP … the HyperText Transfer Protocol, the browser then sends … those requests to web servers and the web servers reply … with the requested information. … When a penetration tester targets a web application, … he or she usually wants to manipulate … the HTTP request sent to a website so that they contain … malicious requests. … Now websites aren't set up to accommodate these … malicious requests so the tester needs some additional help. … Interception proxies fit this need by intercepting … the requests sent by the tester's browser … before they're sent to the web server. … The interception proxy then allows the tester … to manipulate the request before it's sent … on to the server. …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.