IRM programs require the use of specialized tools. In this video, Mike Chapple explains IRM mechanisms, including the issuing and revocation of certificates.
- [Instructor] One of the most important responsibilities … of information security professionals is protecting … the intellectual property belonging to their organizations … from unauthorized use or disclosure. … There are a series of legal mechanisms available … to protect intellectual property. … These include copyrights, trademarks, … patents, and trade secrets. … Each type of intellectual property protection … covers different types of information in different ways. … Copyrights protective creative works against theft. … Information protected by copyright includes books, … web content, magazines, and other written works, … as well as art, music, and even computer software. … Copyright protection is automatically granted … to the creator of a work upon creation. … Although copyright owners may choose … to register their copyright with governmental authorities, … this is not a legal requirement. … In the United States, … the Library of Congress administers the copyright program … through the United States Copyright Office. …
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.