Take a new snapshot of the master VM and use push image to update an instant clone pool. Learn about the impact of canceling a push-image operation. View tasks and events that occur as the pool is recreated with the new image.
- [Instructor] In this video, … So the assumption at this point is … we've made some sort of change to our golden image. … You've maybe done Windows updates for example. … And so based on that we want to push out this new image … that we've created. … So here, … I'm look at the Summary tab for my instant clone pool … and you can see the current image that we're utilizing, … the snapshot that the pool is currently based on. … So as you can see here, … we have our master virtual machine … and we have the snapshot that we've taken. … is currently based on. … So what I'm going to do is I'm going to go … a new snapshot of this virtual machine. … so I can make that I'm hitting the right VM. … Yup. … And that's the one I'm going to target here … That I've run Windows updates. … So I'm just going to simply call this snap two … or do I want to force them to log off? … Users have to log off in order to get this new image. … and maybe I'll wait until a time where … I can come in here. … I can could reschedule it for a different time …
- VMware Horizon architecture
- Navigating options within Horizon Administrator
- PCoIP and Blast Extreme display protocols
- Linked-clone desktop pools
- Creating an instant-clone desktop pool
- Delivering Horizon applications
- Configuring roles and permissions
- Using Cloud Pod Architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Horizon Architecture
2. Display Protocols
3. Full Clone Desktop Pools
4. Linked Clone Desktop Pools
5. Instant Clone Desktop Pools
6. Horizon Printing and Device Connections
7. Delivering Horizon Applications
9. Design and Automation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.