Websites contain not only web server system vulnerabilities but can potentially have other weaknesses due to the design and implementation of the website itself. One of the top six web scanning tools is Vega. In this video, learn how to install Vega into an Ubuntu system.
- [Narrator] For many companies the web surface … is their biggest attack surface, … and we've seen how easy it is to make mistakes … which can make websites vulnerable. … Luckily, there are many web application security tools … available that can check for these kind of vulnerabilities. … Some of them are designed for point … and shoot from outside the website, … some suit a deeper level of penetration testing, … and others are more suited … to testing during web development. … Information on these tools is freely available on the web, … and if you visit Shay Chen's annual web application … scanner benchmark site shown here, … you'll find an independent comparison … of how many of them perform. … Note that the ratings on these tools change from year … to year, as new versions of some scanners come out. … Let's take a look at one of the open source scanning tools, … we'll take a look at Vega, … a free web security analyser available from subgraph.com. … It uses the Java run time environment, …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.