Information rights management, IRM, programs provide a framework for granting access to information resources. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the objectives of IRM programs.
- [Instructor] In our knowledge-based economy, … businesses go to great lengths … to protect their intellectual property. … While trademark, copyright, and patent protection do help, … businesses must also ensure that they're using technical … and procedural safeguards. … Information rights management, or IRM programs, … are designed to enforce … an organization's intellectual property policy. … They do this by achieving three objectives. … Enforcing data rights … to keep information out of unauthorized hands, … provisioning access to employees, partners, … and other authorized users, … and implementing access control models … that enforce access policies consistently … across platforms and systems. … Digital rights management software … is one of the most important tools available … to organizations building out their IRM programs. … DRM provides content owners with a technical ability … to prevent the unauthorized use of their content. … DRM uses encryption to render content inaccessible …
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.