In this video, learn how to select data that should be relocated to the cloud.
- [Instructor] So after understanding … how we're going to migrate the applications to the cloud, … now it's time to turn our attention to the data. … A couple of things here. … You need not forget about the data. … In many instances, people think that data … and applications are tightly coupled. … In many instances in the past they were, … but these days databases exist loosely coupled … away from the particular applications. … And if they're not, when we move into the cloud, … we may want to put them in that state. … So data becomes a priority as we're migrating to the cloud. … The data is everywhere in the enterprise, … and ultimately it has to be everything to the enterprise. … And so data is basically your business. … You can change your applications many times, … but how you understand your customers, … how you understand the behavior of the business operations, … sales, order entry systems, things like that, … it really is everything … in terms of what the value of IT is … and the value of cloud computing is. …
- Types of clouds: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identifying the data and applications to move to the cloud
- Migration planning
- Selecting a cloud provider
- Cloud security
- Cloud operations
- Approaching management and monitoring
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Azure Administration Essential Trainingwith David Elfassy2h 45m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Cloud Computing Planning
3. Cloud Security
4. Cloud Operations
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.