Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Identify scan targets, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] When you're getting the vulnerability … management program underway, one of your very first steps … is to develop the requirements for that program. … You've thought through whether the program was based … on a general desire to improve security, a response … to regulatory requirements, or a reaction … to corporate policy. … Once you've done that, your next step is to turn … those general requirements into a list … of specific systems and networks that you want to scan. … In order to create this list, you need to have an asset … inventory that you can trust. … If your organization practices good asset management already … you may find that you already have this inventory … ready to draw into your vulnerability management program. … You might find that your organization's configuration … management tools already have a complete inventory … of systems and devices on your network and in the best case … that the inventory is kept up to date with information … from regular network scans. …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.