Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video IT pro to..., part of Cloud Computing Career Paths and Certifications: First Steps.
- [Narrator] So now, let's pull this information together and let's look at the Cloud Career Path mappings. Let's start with IT Pro. So, if your current job is an IT Pro or a network administrator, you have a couple of options for a Cloud-based IT Pro job. Those are normally called Cloud DevOps. So, this just seems to be a new type of terminology that reflects the fact that the teams tend to be more integrated with developers and the network admins, literally working side by side, because sometimes the Cloud services actually aren't available locally, so you have to actually dev and test on the Cloud.
This is particularly the case with some of the Amazon services, most of the Google services. This is less so the case with the Microsoft Azure services. So, in any case, IT Pro tends to be called Cloud DevOps. Another specialty area that you could be working in is Cloud Security Expert. Because it's so important to properly secure your production applications, and it is complex and, although there are some carryover, for example the idea of users and groups and policies and permissions and auditing, the implementation methods on the Cloud are actually quite different than using, for example, an on-premises active directory.
So in terms of IT Pro, there's two areas in the Cloud that are most generally considered career path destinations. The first is Cloud DevOps. The second is a Cloud Security Expert.
- Reviewing IT pro, developer, analyst, and architect roles
- Reviewing IT pro skills, including virtualization, networking, and scripting
- Working with programming languages
- Reviewing AWS, Azure, GCP, and IBM certifications
- Reviewing cloud career paths
- Understanding emerging technologies and careers