A great way to demonstrate your understanding of IT topics is to take and pass IT certification exams. Likewise, you can show your knowledge of security concepts with cybersecurity certifications. Even preparing for these exams can help you gain useful knowledge. In this video, Marc shares the courses he recommends to help you prepare for and pass your IT and cybersecurity certification exams.
- [Instructor] Most people think of IT…and cybersecurity certifications as a way…to show employers that you have a strong understanding…of certain IT and security topics.…While that's true a side benefit…of getting these certifications is all the useful knowledge…you'll gain when preparing to take them.…Look at the CompTIA Network+ certification for example.…To prepare for that exam you'll need to study switches,…routers, segmentation, security, standards,…protocols and virtualized networks.…
You'll only pass this exam if you really know these concepts…Either real world experience or thoroughly studying…is the only way you can be sure you're ready…to take that exam.…In the handout that goes with this video…I share some LinkedIn learning courses…that can help you prepare to take IT…and cybersecurity certification exams.…Studying for these exams is a great way…to get the IT knowledge you're missing.…Plus when you pass the exams you'll have certifications…that many employers are looking for.…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.