Learn about the hardware and software requirements for the Horizon Connection Server. Explore the entitlement, authentication, connection brokering, and management interface functions of the Connection Server.
- In this video, … I'll start to explain the Horizon Connection Server, … this is the heart and soul of View, … this is what provides a lot of critical functions … in order to make desktop virtualization possible. … So we'll go through some of the basic concepts here, … and let's take a look at our diagram one more time, … here you see right in the middle of everything … is the Horizon Connection Server, … and it's going to perform four primary functions. … Number one is authentication, … when the user launches their Horizon Client … and connects to the Connection Server, … the Connection Server is going to authenticate … that user against active directory, … and from there, … the second part, entitlement. … Entitlement, determining which pools that user … Are they allowed to connect to the accounting pool? … Are they allowed to connect to the IT pool? … To the finance pool? … To the back office pool? … The Connection Server forces the entitlements … that we have configured. … Third and foremost, …
- VMware Horizon architecture
- Navigating options within Horizon Administrator
- PCoIP and Blast Extreme display protocols
- Linked-clone desktop pools
- Creating an instant-clone desktop pool
- Delivering Horizon applications
- Configuring roles and permissions
- Using Cloud Pod Architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Horizon Architecture
2. Display Protocols
3. Full Clone Desktop Pools
4. Linked Clone Desktop Pools
5. Instant Clone Desktop Pools
6. Horizon Printing and Device Connections
7. Delivering Horizon Applications
9. Design and Automation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.