Describe the importance of geography to organizational data protection processes and procedures.
- [Instructor] More than being a technical issue, … data protection and privacy is regulated … by national laws and industry regulation. … In developing this section primary research was conducted … on these regulations and laws … that were enforced in January 2019. … Additional information was obtained … from Law Business Research Limited of London, … and the DLA Piper law firm. … The information is provided on an as is basis … and without any warranties or guarantees of any kind. … You should consult your legal counsel … before using any cloud service. … By its very nature cloud computing is global … that makes geography a major operational component. … When protecting organizational data, … decision makers must focus on two primary aspects. … Data protection, which is securing data … against unauthorized access this … is mostly a technical issue around controls … and operational procedures. … And data privacy, who or what has authorized access … and who or what defines it. … Which is mostly a legal issue focused …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.