SIP is the modern protocol used for voice communications over IP. In this video, learn about the ways in which SIP services can be attacked, including a packet pulsing attack which can be used to create a denial of service on a SIP server.
- [Instructor] Voice calls over the internet, … often called voice over IP or VOIP … use special phone sets or software … to convert analog voice signals to data … and then send it across the internet as data packets. … To do this, the VOIP service uses what's known … as a SIP proxy server. … SIP is the session initiation protocol … and is used to set up the data connection for a call … and another protocol, the real time transfer protocol, RTP, … is used for voice data exchange. … SIP doesn't come pre-installed … on standard operating system distributions. … There are many managed service VOIP applications, … such as Skype and Viber … or we can download and install a local service. … In this course, I'll use My VOIP App. … This can be downloaded pre-configured … for between 20 and 500 users. … I've selected the 20 user version for my Windows 10 system … as the host. … This is a simple download and installs seamlessly. … I've already downloaded and installed my VOIP service … and I've started the system. …
- What is denial of service?
- TCP SYN, Smurf, and UDP flooding
- Deauthenticating a wireless host
- Flooding HTTP
- Using BlackEnergy
- Flooding a SIP server
- Detecting P2P attacks with PeerShark
- Defeating DoS attacks