In this video, Mike begins the discussion of application layer protocols. Starting with a review of the interaction between IP packets and servers, the video analyzes the functions of local and server-based firewalls.
- Okay folks. … Over the next few episodes, … of different protocols out there. … Now, when I talk about protocols, … in this case, … I mean application protocols. … if we want to get on the Internet … what you're really doing … is your opening up a web browser … and you're checking your mail, … or you're opening up your browser … and you're going to Google … and you're playing a game. … You always keep opening up your browser to do stuff. … And that's great. … The web is an important part of the Internet … but first of all it's not the only part … and a big thing we're going to be doing … over these next few episodes … is looking at all kinds of other application protocols … with names like SSH … and FTP and email and things like that. … So, … is we need to really take some time to think about … what's happening when we make a connection … to a server out there. … In particular, we need to think about the ports, … and here's a big fact, … did you know that servers have firewalls too? …
This Total Seminars course covers the exam certification topics. For information on additional study resources—including practice tests, lab simulations, books, and discounted exam vouchers—visit totalsem.com/linkedin. LinkedIn Learning members receive special pricing.
This course was created by Total Seminars. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Internet tiers
- How dial-up and broadband connections work
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Classic email protocols
- Setting up a generic VPN
- Typical IoT setups and configurations
- Setting up a new virtual machine (VM)
- Networking with VMs
- Cloud ownership