Describe the spread of cloud-computing-specific regulations and discuss key cloud governance risks and the risk management process.
- [Instructor] As cloud computing grows … in acceptance globally, many countries are viewing … it as critical to national economics. … This has driven a sort of data protectionism, … and the slow but accelerating move … towards the adoption of cloud-specific regulations. … This section gives you a glimpse into some … of these new laws. … When adopting cloud, organizations must see … the transition as an exercise in risk management. … Risk is realized from a number of sources … which include policy and organization risk, … which are related to the choices … that a cloud service consumer makes … about the cloud service provider. … Outside of the IT industry, these are … often called third party risk. … A few of the most noteworthy ones are provider lock-in, … loss of governance, compliance challenges, … and provider exit. … Virtualization risk, which include guest break out, … can occur when there is a break out of the guest OS tenant … so that they can access the hypervisor or other guest. …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.