Note: The Ethical Hacking series maps to the 20 parts of the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam (312-50) version 10.
- Common causes of vulnerabilities
- Identifying and assessing vulnerabilities
- The Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Outsourcing vulnerability analysis
- Leveraging Nikto and other vulnerability assessment tools
- Securing mobile devices
- Defending the LAN
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Lisa] Hello, my name is Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. Managing risk involves identifying, evaluating, prioritizing and mitigating organizational risks. Risk is defined as a function of a threat exploiting a vulnerability. In order to decrease an organization's risk, we must first start with reducing our vulnerabilities. In this course I'll begin by covering the importance of managing organizational risks. I'll review the vulnerability analysis process and methodology. We'll look at common vulnerability scoring systems and compare some of the severity levels, and also look at the best way of outsourcing vulnerability analysis. I'll look at some of the tools such as OpenVAS and look at the importance of scanning your mobile devices. Finally, I'll show you ways to defend the LAN. Are you ready to lock things down? Let's get started.