Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Endpoint vulnerabilities, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Narrator] The security issues associated … with endpoint devices are quite similar … to those associated with servers. … In most cases, endpoints should actually be configured … in a much more locked down way than a server … because endpoints don't normally accept inbound connections. … You'll find that the most common issues on endpoint systems … are missing security patches and outdated signature files … for security tools. … If a user has the opportunity to decline software updates, … he or she will often do that … to avoid the annoyance of a reboot. … If your scan reports … begin showing large numbers of missing security patches, … you might want to tackle the root cause … by looking at your endpoint patch management strategy … and seeing if there are controls that you can put in place … to better patch your systems. … If users are allowed to install their own software … on endpoint devices that further complicates the situation … by adding complexity to the environment. … More software means more security updates. …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.