Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Embedded systems, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] The Internet of Things … is bringing technology into many industrial, … mechanical, home, and transportation systems. … We often refer to the technology component of an IoT device … as an embedded system because it is a full computer system … embedded inside of another larger system. … For example, you might find an office printer … or multifunction device … actually has an entire computer system inside of it … that runs a common operating system. … This system operates as a print server … to handle print jobs from other network devices, … a web server to facilitate administration of the printer, … and an email server to send scanned files … to email addresses. … Embedded systems also serve a similar purpose in cameras … where they can perform image processing, … connect the camera to a network, … and allow users to interact with social media accounts … directly from their cameras. … You'll also find embedded systems … in much larger transportation systems. … Semi-autonomous vehicles certainly depend upon technology, …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.