Continuing with the application layer protocols, this video explores email. Mike covers the three classic email protocols: SMTP for sending and POP3 and IMAP4 for receiving. The video covers typical client configuration using the classic protocols and port numbers.
- Ooh! … Email, it's been around forever. … We love it, we hate it, we all use it. … There was a time when we'd all have one email account … and these days it seems like I've got about, … I actually counted and I have … around 10 active email accounts … plus about another 20 barely used accounts … so email is a big thing … and by the way, if you ever want to contact me, … here's my email address right here. … Now, in order to configure email, … we usually use an email client. … However in today's world, … web-based eamal is extremely popular. … I use Gmail, I've got Office 365, I've got Yahoo. … I've got Proton Mail, … I've got all of these different web-based tools. … However, even if you're using a web-based tool, … you still have to configure it … so that it can send and receive your email. … Now, for a lot of folks, … You fire up Gmail and you set in your account settings … and boom, everything's figured. … However, there are a lot of situations … where you might want to connect to a non-popular one …
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Internet tiers
- How dial-up and broadband connections work
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Classic email protocols
- Setting up a generic VPN
- Typical IoT setups and configurations
- Setting up a new virtual machine (VM)
- Networking with VMs
- Cloud ownership