As someone already in an IT career field, you're probably familiar with certifications like the A+ from CompTIA. The security field also has many certifications to help employers quickly determine your skills and qualifications. In this video, learn why getting cybersecurity certifications can help you transition into your chosen security field.
- [Instructor] It can feel like there's a certification…for everything in IT.…Certifications like Network+ and A+…from CompTIA are popular.…The security field also has many certifications…to help employers quickly determine skills…and qualifications.…Some of the most common include the Security+,…the CSIA, and the CISSP.…It may not be fair but employers use certifications…as a way to weed out seemingly unqualified candidates.…
That's why getting the right security certification…can be important.…But how do you know which certifications you should get?…The best way is straight from job postings.…If you've been searching for a cybersecurity job…you've probably read a sentence like this 100 times,…the successful candidate must hold…related professional certifications…such as CISSP, CISA, CISM,…OSCP, CEH or similar.…This means that practically any cybersecurity certification…will be relevant to this job.…
If you already have certain certifications in mind…you can figure out which jobs they might help you get.…You can search for jobs based on security certifications.…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.