The Diffie-Hellman algorithm is one of the primary mechanisms for key exchange. In this video, Mike Chapple explains how the Diffie-Hellman algorithm functions.
- [Instructor] The Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange algorithm … solves the problem of key exchange … for symmetric encryption algorithms. … The algorithm was invented in 1976 by three cryptographers. … It was based upon the work of Ralph Merkle … and turned into a practical algorithm … by Whitfield Diffie and Martin Hellman. … Unfortunately for Merkle, his name was never included … in the popular name used for the algorithm … and we're left with the Diffie-Hellman algorithm. … I am going to show you … how Diffie-Hellman works mathematically, … to share the purpose of the algorithm … This will make the concept a little easier to understand. … a common shared secret color … that they don't want other people to know. … Here's one way that they might do that. … First, Alice sends a message to Bob … telling him a common color that they might use. … Let's say that Alice selects yellow … and tells Bob that color by email. … Next, Alice and Bob each select a secret color of paint … that they don't tell each other. …
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.