Development methodologies represent the different ways that developers can create applications. In this video, learn about some of the most popular methodologies in use today.
- [Instructor] It's important that you understand … the application development methodologies in play … before you begin performing … your offline application security tests. … Why is that? … Application development methodologies are the frameworks … that we use to plan how we're going to build … and deploy applications. … While a developer might just sit down at her laptop … and start writing code in an inspired frenzy, … that approach doesn't work for large-scale teams … where careful orchestration is critical to their success. … Developers are a creative bunch … and it should come as no surprise … that they have multiple frameworks … for designing and creating applications. … Determining the right development methodology … for an organization depends on a number of factors. … Things like organizational culture … and developer personal preference. … Good thing you spent time seeking … to understand their point of view, isn't it? … I know of over a dozen different development methodologies, …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.