Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo of PDB hot clone, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] Now, once we made our prerequisites…have been met, let's see pdb hotcloning in action.…We will start by creating our source pluggable database.…That is the pluggable database we want to clone from.…You can find the command included in your exercise file.…Let's copy the command and paste it…into our SQL class window.…In my create pluggable database command,…I'm using the very original name of source_pdb…for my source pluggable database name…and specify that default admin user called source_pdb_admin.…
I've also specified a very secure and very create…password of passsword.…I'm also specifying a default table space called…my_tbs with a single data file sized at a conservative…50 megabytes.…By default, Oracle 12C release 2 pluggable databases…created in the Oracle Cloud used the Oracle…Managed file feature so we won't need to specify…any file name convert options when creating…our source pluggable database.…
Let's execute the command.…And our pluggable database have been created.…Now, let's open our pluggable database in…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.