Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo of PDB flashback, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Voiceover] Now, it's finally time to see PDB…flashblack in action.…Let's start by making some changes to the source_PDBdatabase…which we created in our previous videos.…If you haven't created the source_PDBdatabase,…please be sure to do so.…We will start by switching our session to the…source_PDB pluggable database…and create a small, but apparently very important, table.…Let's call it 'Important_Table'…So let's switch our session by typing alter…session set container equals source_pdb…And create our table 'create table important_table'…with a single column, column one varchar30,…so that our table contains a single column.…
Now, let's put some data into our table…and after each insert, obtain…the oracle system change number.…The oracle SCN or system change number…is Oracle's internal time mechanism…used to keep track of persistent states in the database.…If you are unfamiliar with what the Oracle SCN represent,…well it's not super important for the scope of this video.…All that you have to know is that the Oracle SCN…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.