Codacy is a tool for performing static source code security analysis. In this video, learn how you can use Codacy to test your own application source code.
- [Instructor] Codacy is a static code analyzer … designed to improve your code quality in real time. … It enables you to automate almost all of your manual … disconnected static code security analysis tests. … It also enables you to coordinate your testing … and remediation activity with your developers directly, … which is a huge benefit. … You can download Codacy from codacy.com. … Codacy offers two options for getting started, … Cloud and Enterprise. … Their Cloud offering is a Software-as-a-Service solution … that links directly to your code repository … in either GitHub or Bitbucket. … This solution includes security analysis, … as well as config file support, … quality standards thresholds, and workflow integration. … Their Enterprise offering is a paid self-hosted solution … that includes even more functionality. … The most notable benefit is support, … although the Enterprise solution … does offer some security analysis … that isn't included in their Cloud offering. … When you analyze your first project in Codacy, …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.