Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Database, storage, CPU, and RAM options, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] Next in our…Oracle Cloud Database Creation Wizard,…we'll have to specify storage capacity…and CPU and RAM configuration.…You will need to enter the amount of storage…you want allocated for your Oracle Database.…This is the total amount of disk space…allocated for your Oracle instance.…The more disk space,…the more data your Oracle Database can store.…This can be resized later…but it's always important to choose…an initial size that can accommodate your data set…and usage requirements.…
The default value is fine for our demos,…as we won't generate and store a ton of data.…Next, you'll have to specify the size of the server…you want to host your Oracle Database instance.…This setting controls how many CPU cores,…that is, processor cores,…and memory, or RAM,…your server will be provisioned with.…The more CPU and RAM in your server,…the more powerful your Oracle instance will be,…but also the more expensive your Oracle Cloud…billing charges will be.…
You can select one of many different server configurations…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.