Criminal hackers are often driven by power and greed. Explore how data curation can slow some of these malicious actions in this video.
- Data breaches, data losses, data vulnerabilities, … data mishaps, we hear the headlines … every single day in the news. … What happens when there is an attack, … when there is a breach, when there's a loss? … Can be a number of different things. … So data that is not well governed and curated, … and by curated, I mean, put into a place of pride, … such as when you walk into a museum and you see … pictures in a certain order, … and lighting in a certain way, … and the flow in a certain way. … Data that's curated in a certain way, … when it's attacked can be it's own vulnerability. … Because you put too much data out on show, … and someone has reached in and grabbed it … and run away with it. … Or you can have a back end system or someone … is actively hacking in. … So what are these losses and who are these attackers? … All sorts of different types of people but I'll boil it down … particularly the knowing, willful, and criminal … types of activities that really are the major concern …
- Relate the concept of data as intellectual property.
- Examine the ways in which moral, legal, and ethical concerns apply to data privacy.
- Explain how context applies to personal private information.
- Recognize the motivations of individuals accessing data they are not authorized to access.
- Define the implications of moral crumple zones.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Data Privacy?
2. The Importance of Data Privacy
3. What's at Stake?
4. Privacy Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.