Explain the data controller and its role in all security and privacy compliance activities.
- [Narrator] To make you cognizant of the importance … of geography to data protection in the cloud, … this section provides data protection regulation summaries … of representative countries from every major global region. … The summaries will address civil and criminal sanctions … for breaches of data protection, … exempt sectors and institutions, … personal identifiable information definition … and applicability, breach notification requirements, … data accuracy requirements, required security controls, … international data transfer restrictions … and cloud computing specific regulations. … Many of the regulations refer … to these data protection roles. … It's important to note, that the data controller … is the entity that determines how any data … placed in the cloud is used, … and as such, holds all legal responsibility … for protecting that data. … In just about every situation, the customer of the cloud … service provider is the data controller. … This means that the cloud service provider …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.