Summarize data protection and privacy laws and regulations in the United States.
- [Narrator] Our final stop in the Americas … will be the United States where in general … violations of federal and state privacy laws … lead to civil, not criminal, penalties. … The main exceptions are the laws … directed at surveillance activities and computer crimes. … Violations of the Federal Electronic Communications … Privacy Act or the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act … can lead to criminal sanctions and civil liability. … In addition, many states have enacted surveillance laws … that include criminal sanctions in addition … to civil liability for violation. … Outside of the surveillance context, … the U.S. Department of Justice is authorized … to criminally prosecute serious Health Insurance Portability … and Accountability Act violations. … There is no single regulatory authority … dedicated to overseeing data protection law … in the United States. … At the federal level, different privacy requirements … apply to different industry sectors … and data processing activities. … These laws are often narrowly tailored …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.