Summarize data protection and privacy laws and regulations in the United Kingdom.
- [Announcer] In the United Kingdom, … the data protection law is enforced by … the Information Commissioner's Office, or ICO. … The ICO may commit an organization … to a particular course of action … in order to improve its compliance … with data protection requirements. … It can also serve enforcement notices … and stop now orders where there has been a breach. … They will issue requirements … for the organization to take specific steps … to ensure that they comply with the law. … They can also issue fines of up to 500,000 pounds … for serious breaches of the Data Protection Act. … Criminal offenses can also be prosecuted by the ICO. … Exemptions from the full rigor … of the law apply in some circumstances, … and for some limited instances of processing. … A wide exemption applies to processing by individuals … for personal and domestic use, … but no sectors or institutions … are outside of the scope of the law. … The Data Protection Authority … covers PII held in electronic form, …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.