Discuss data protection and privacy regulations and enforcement in Africa and the Middle East and summarize laws and regulations in South Africa.
- [Instructor] Our final stop will be Middle East and Africa … where we will look at one country, … and that will be South Africa. … The South African data protection laws … have limited provisions that relate indirectly … to data protection, add-in only in certain instances. … The breach of those provisions could lead to administrative … or criminal sanctions or both. … And any person convicted of an offense … under the terms of the Protection of Personal Information, … or PoPI Act is liable to a fine and/or imprisonment … of up to 10 years. … PoPI applies to the processing of personal information … entered in a record by or for a responsible party … by making use of automated or non-automated means, … provided that when the recorded personal information … is processed by non-automated means … it forms part of a filing system. … PoPI is applicable to the processing … of all personally identifiable information … entered in a record, … which includes any recorded information … regardless of its form or medium. …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.