Summarize data protection and privacy laws and regulations in Japan.
- [Instructor] Our next stop is Japan … where under the amended APP laws, … criminal penalties may be imposed … if PII data, user, or anonymized information … fails to comply with any order it issued by the committee. … Breaches of data protection can be subject … to six months of imprisonment or fines … of up to 300,000 yen. … The law contains notable exemptions … in respect of fundamental constitutional rights, … media outlets, and journalists, … universities and other academic institutions, … religious groups, and political parties … which are exempt from the data protection laws. … Publicly identifiable information databases … are classified as including not only electronic databases … but also manual filing systems … that are structured by reference … to certain classification criteria … is easily searchable. … PII also includes signs, codes, or data … that identify physical features of specific individuals … such as fingerprints or face recognition data. … The amended APPI requires that all PII data users …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.