Summarize data protection and privacy laws and regulations in India.
- [Instructor] Now let's go to India, … where, under Section 43a, … if a breach results in wrongful gain or wrongful loss, … the adjudicating officer can order compensation to be paid. … The law does not prescribe what the maximum compensation is. … Under Section 72, … the punishment is imprisonment for up to two years … or a fine of up to 100,000 rupees, … or both. … Under Section 72a, however, … the punishment is imprisonment for up to three years … or a fine of up to 500,000 rupees, … or both. … The provisions under the Indian Telecommunications Act … apply to all sectors. … The laws specific to particular sectors … would apply concurrently. … Other sector-specific laws provide for exemptions … relating to those sectors. … While Section 72a covers personal information, … Section 43a … covers personally identifiable information. … Personal information means any information … that relates to a natural person, … which either directly or indirectly … in combination with other information …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.