Discuss data protection and privacy regulations and enforcement in the Americas and summarize laws and regulations in Brazil.
- [Instructor] We will now jump over the Atlantic, … to discuss data privacy and protection laws … in the Americas, you will soon see that the laws … in this part of the world are not nearly as robust … as those in Asia and Europe, our first stop is Brazil … where data breaches can earn a fine of up to 10% … of the revenues, temporary suspension … of a organization's activities … and prohibition of certain activities. … Penalties of imprisonment or fine or both can be levied. … The Bank Secrecy Law establishes a penalty … of imprisonment and a fine for financial institutions. … Brazil has no consolidated or specific law … regarding data protection, so the whole concept … of an exempt sector is just not applicable. … There are also no restrictions on the scope … of protection for personal identifiable information … and notification is only required … under very specific circumstances under Brazilian law. … As a general rule, personally identifiable information … collected or stored must be objective, necessary …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.