Discuss data protection and privacy regulations and enforcement in Oceania and summarize laws and regulations in Australia.
- [Instructor] The first geographical region … we would cover is Oceania. … Australia is our representative country here, … where breaches of data protection … can bring statutory penalties of … up to $1.8 million Australian dollars for a corporation … and criminal sanctions. … New mandatory data breach notification obligations … effective in February 2018 require breach assessment … within 30 days and notification … of the information commissioner … and affected individuals as soon as practicable. … The Privacy Act and The APPs apply to all APP entities, … excluding public hospitals and health care facilities. … Most public universities and public schools, … some media organizations acting in the course of journalism, … registered political parties, and most small businesses. … The Privacy Act covers all personal information, … whether it's true or not and whether it is recorded … in a material form or not. … APP Five requires all entities to take such steps … that are reasonable with respect to notification …
AuthorKevin L. Jackson
- Cloud computing drivers
- Deployment and services models
- Attack vectors
- Cyberthreats to financial services
- Regional requirements for data privacy and protection
- Regional risk and compliance requirements
- Case studies in financial cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Securitywith Lynn Langit3h 46m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Overview
2. Financial Services Industry's Approach to Cybersecurity
3. Regional Data Protection and Privacy Requirements
4. Regional Risk and Compliance Requirements
5. Key Threats and Controls in Financial Cloud Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.