Data loss prevention, DLP, technology assists with the ongoing protection of sensitive information in your organization. In this video, Mike Chapple explains how to use DLP for this purpose.
- [Instructor] One of the challenges … in controlling Social Security numbers in your organization … is ensuring that you've found all of the hidden corners … of your organization's digital systems … that might contain this sensitive information. … Data loss prevention, or DLP solutions … provide technology that helps an organization … find those forgotten stores of Social Security numbers … and other sensitive information. … DLP tools search systems and networks … for stores of sensitive information … that might be unsecured, and they monitor network traffic … for potential attempts to remove sensitive information … from the organization. … DLP systems can act quickly to block transmissions … before damage is done, and alert administrators … to the attempted breach. … DLP systems work in two different environments. … Host-based DLP systems use software agents installed … on a single system that search that system … for the presence of sensitive information. … These searches often turn up Social Security numbers, …
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.