Organizations often choose to protect data by anonymizing it before placing it in the cloud. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the process of data de-identification.
- [Instructor] One way that many organizations … seek to protect themselves … against accidental disclosures of personal information … is to remove all identifying information from data sets … before placing them in the cloud. … De-identification is the process … of moving through a data set … and removing data that may be individually identifying. … For example, you would certainly want to remove names, … social security numbers, and other obvious identifiers. … However, simple data de-identification is often insufficient … to completely safeguard information. … The reason for this is that you can often combine … seemingly innocuous fields … to uniquely identify an individual. … A study done at Carnegie Mellon University … analyzed three fields commonly retained … in de-identified data sets. … Zip codes, dates of birth, and genders. … You wouldn't think that any one of these fields … when used alone would allow you to identify someone. … After all, a lot of people live in the same town as me, …
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.