- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Monika] Data curation is a powerful skill, but not many people are familiar with it. It actually uses software that many people already know, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, but it is not programming. It is instead a management function. But you do not need to be a manager to benefit from learning the skills involved in data curation. Anyone who works with data, even if you are not working on a team, can benefit from having curation files that accompany their data projects. Once you know data curation, you can choose to create and share data curation files about your projects. This can enhance communication between you and the other people working on the project. It also helps to keep documentation for the future about all the work you have done on the project. And it makes big data much easier to handle. I'm Monika Wahi, and I have been doing data curation for over 20 years. I encourage you to try your hand at data curation. It lies on the more artistic side of data science, and it can really add to your valuable toolbox of data science skills.
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.