The CSSE at JHU dashboard has many amazing features. Learn how to take advantage of all the dashboard features.
- [Instructor] Dashboards can be … deceptively simple in design, … but actually offer a myriad of complex functionalities … that can make it difficult … to be able to use and understand … the information being presented. … I'm going to walk you through the Johns Hopkins Dashboard … so you can understand both what is being shown to you … as well as the functionalities and features … that are available on the dashboard. … On the left side we can see that there is … the top 50 confirmed cases. … We can actually scroll down … using the scroll bar on the left. … And the right side, … we can also do the same for the top 20 counties … by number of deaths. … On the lower right, we can also see that there is a tab … for confirmed and deaths. … The default is to show you the number of confirmed cases. … If you click on deaths, … you can see that the visualization changes, … and can see the number of deaths. … Now one thing to keep in mind … is that these visualizations don't show us … whether this is the aggregate number, …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is a dashboard?
- Identifying the underlying data
- Interpreting key metrics
- Navigating the John Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard
- Evaluating the IHME dashboard
- Assessing the risks and limitations of using the dashboard