- Protecting against phishing
- Malware and ransomware threats
- Botnets and DDoS attacks
- Protecting against Internet of Things (IoT) threats
- Cloud-based threats
- The central cause of shadow IT threats
Skill Level Beginner
- [Marc] Botnets, cryptojacking, and zombies. No, these aren't plot devices from a bad sci-fi horror movie, these are real cybersecurity threats that enterprises have to protect against every day. Hi, my name is Marc Menninger, and I've been leading enterprise security programs for more than 20 years. And I'm excited to share with you what I know about the cybersecurity threat landscape. In this course, I'll cover many of the most common cybersecurity threats, plus some emerging threats you really should be aware of and probably protect against. I'll also point you in the direction of resources where you can get more information about some of the threats and ways you can protect against them. Keep in mind that the cybersecurity threat landscape may be different for different organizations. If your organization handles a lot of sensitive data, you're likely to be the target of more cybersecurity threats than an organization that doesn't. But it's important to understand the threat landscape in any case, because for every organization, it's not a matter of if they will be targeted, but when. Cybersecurity threats can sound scary, but there's no reason to be worried if you're well-prepared. If you're ready to explore the cybersecurity threat landscape, then let's get started.