- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
- [Mike] Successful attacks begin with a vulnerability. Attackers use automated and manual techniques to seek out weaknesses in our systems and processes that allow them to gain a foot hold on a network and from there pivot to gain access to more sensitive systems and data. Cybersecurity professionals must be aware of the vulnerabilities that exist in their environments and take action to remediate them as quickly as possible. Vulnerability management requires a strong understanding of automated scanning tools, remediation processes, and the analysis of identified vulnerabilities. Cybersecurity professionals must understand the different types of vulnerabilities that might arise in servers, endpoints, applications, and specialized systems. Businesses in all industries need skilled cybersecurity analysts who understand vulnerability management. CompTIA's Cyber Security Analyst +, or CySA+ certification, is a path that many technologists follow to advance their careers in this high demand field. Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to invite you to watch my course on vulnerability management. It's part of an eight-course series preparing you for the CySA+ exam. I hope that you'll join me as we explore the important field of vulnerability management.
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.