You are more than someone with a variety of skills transitioning from one career to another. In this video, learn the benefits of defining a professional brand to help employers quickly understand who you are and the value you can deliver.
- [Instructor] As someone coming from a job…other than cybersecurity,…it might look like your background…doesn't match your career goals.…This could be confusing to potential employers.…One way to help deal with this is…to develop a professional brand…that tells a better story about who you are.…Let's say you're a field service technician working…for an IT services company.…You do a lot of different types of IT support,…including hardware and software…installs and troubleshooting.…
You've decided to apply your love of data analysis…and knowledge of hard drives…to become a digital forensic analyst.…Even though you don't have a cybersecurity job yet,…it's not too early to start aligning your professional brand…with digital forensic analysis.…For instance, instead of having Field Service Technician…as your headline in your LinkedIn profile,…you could change it…to passionate about digital forensic analysis.…There's no rule that says…your headline must be your job title.…
Then rewrite your experience in your LinkedIn profile…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.