This is a demonstration of the creation and configuration of a mailbox database in Exchange 2016. The three Exchange Server management tools are presented.
- [Lecturer] Administering Microsoft Exchange…has evolved slightly over the years.…It's different from older versions,…and it's different from other roles and features…that you might be familiar with on a Windows server.…Exchange Server 2016 comes with three administration tools,…and if I go to the Start Menu, I have the new category…for Microsoft Exchange Server 2016,…and in addition to Exchange Server Help,…we'll see the Administrative Center,…which you can tell by the icon, is web-based.…
There's the Exchange Management Shell,…which is a PowerShell environment,…with all of the Exchange Management commandlets,…already loaded for you, and there's the Exchange Toolbox.…That's a useful tool for maintaining Excel,…but not so much for creating and managing the database.…If we were to go ahead and launch…the Exchange Administrative Center,…it will open a webpage that will give…the local host the server /ecp.…So, it used to stand for Exchange Control Panel,…and that's the environment that…you're going to see in just a moment,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and managing database storage
- Setting database requirements
- Storage architecture
- Virtualization scenarios
- Creating and managing mailbox databases
- Failure domains and SLA requirements
- Proper placement of a file share witness
- Site resilient DAG
- Troubleshooting database replication, performance, and database failure
- Planning for SLA recovery requirements
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Manage Database Storage
2. High Availability Mailbox Databases
3. Site Resilient DAG
4. Troubleshooting Mailbox Databases
5. Backup and Recovery Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.