Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Correlating scan results, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] In addition to validating your scan results … to eliminate false positive reports … and remove documented exceptions, … you'll also want to correlate scan reports … with other information available to you. … The first source of information you should consult … are any industry standards, best practices, … or compliance obligations that are relevant … to your organization. … These standards may provide specific guidance … on the types of vulnerabilities that require … more urgent remediation. … For example, PCI DSS contains some very specific guidance … on vulnerability scanning. … Here's a quote from the standard. … "To demonstrate compliance, a scan must not contain … "high-level vulnerabilities in any component … "in the cardholder data environment. … "Generally, to be considered compliant, … "none of those components may contain any vulnerability … "that has been assigned a common vulnerability … "scoring system, CVSS, base score equal to … "or higher than 4.0." … That's very explicit guidance, and it's very helpful …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.