Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect to your Oracle Cloud database, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Voiceover] Once you got your Oracle database…all ready to go in the Oracle Cloud,…it's time to see how you can actually…connect to your database.…When we configured and created our Oracle Cloud database,…we also created and downloaded a zip file…containing the SSH keys which are required…so that we can establish a connection…to our Oracle Cloud Database.…We'll use these keys to authenticate.…I've place the downloaded zip file containing…the keys into a special folder called 12cR2…on my desktop.…
The first step to establish a connection…with our Oracle Cloud database is to unzip this file.…On your desktop computer, open a terminal window…and navigate to the folder where you have placed…this SSH key bundle zip file.…I'm using a Mac computer, but the process is similar…in Windows.…Using my Mac, I'll open a terminal window…and see the 2d12cr2 directory on my desktop,…so cd Desktop slash 12cR2.…
Here we can see the zip file that contains the SSH…access keys for our Oracle database.…The next step is to unzip the file,…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.