In this video, learn how to configure access control for Azure storage accounts. Configuring access control for Azure storage accounts ensures only intended applications and users can access sensitive data.
- [Instructor] On the AZ-500 exam, you may be presented … with questions on configuring access control … for Azure storage accounts. … And when it comes to securing Azure storage … there are a number of options. … And we'll peel back the layers of this onion … over the next few videos in this course. … But let's begin by talking about our storage access options. … So it begins with shared keys, which are exactly … what they sound like. … In cryptographic terms, a key is a string of bits … and you share that with whom you'd like to delegate access. … But essentially you're delegating root access forever … until that key is rolled over or revoked. … Now, there are shared access signatures, which allow you … the advantages of scoping the duration, privileges, … and even which IP addresses are allowed to connect. … So by distributing a shared access signature … to our clients, you can grant them access to a resource … for a specific period of time with a specified set … of permissions so you can scope that access. …
- Configuring security policies
- Enabling data authentication and auditing
- Configuring security for storage accounts
- Configuring Azure AD authentication
- Configuring security for Cosmos DB and Azure Data Lake