Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure SSH access to the database, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] The next step in our Oracle Database…creation wizard is super important…as it controls how you will be able to connect…to your database in the Oracle cloud.…When connecting via SSH to the server…hosting your Oracle cloud instance,…you will not use a username and password combination…to authenticate, but instead use an SSH key file pair.…This is a much more secure method of authentication…as you will need physical access…to these SSH key files in order to log in.…
Click on the edit button…and you will be presented with a few options.…You will need to either provide your own SSH key file,…or have Oracle create a new key file for you.…The nitty gritty of SSH access and authentication…is well beyond the scope of our course,…but to keep things simple, just select the…create a new key file option…and click enter.…Choosing that option generates the SSH key pair…that you will use to authenticate…with your newly created Oracle database.…
After the key pair have been created,…remember to click on the download button…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.