In this video, learn how to configure Azure AD Domain Services (AD DS) authentication for Azure Files. AD DS facilitates identity-based authentication over Server Message Block (SMB) using Azure RBAC.
- [Instructor] Configuring Azure Active Directory … Domain Services Authentication for Azure files. … There's a question that may come up on the exam. … This would actually be a great scenario on the exam. … So let's talk through the pieces and start with what is … Azure Active Directory Domain Services, exactly? … Well, it provides a managed domain services experience … with features like domain join, group policy, LDAP, … Kerberos and NTLM authentication, fully compatible … with Windows Server Active Directory … that we have on premises. … So there are some advantages to Azure AD domain services … auth on the SMB file access scenario … in that it gives us some familiar experiences … versus what we'd have to endure … with shared key authentication. … So, for users and applications accessing file shares … over SMB, it gives us a traditional file share … user experience in the Cloud, which means we can bring … those LDAP and Kerberos-dependent applications … with us to the Cloud. … We can enforce granular access control on file shares …
- Configuring security policies
- Enabling data authentication and auditing
- Configuring security for storage accounts
- Configuring Azure AD authentication
- Configuring security for Cosmos DB and Azure Data Lake