We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- How TCP and IP work together
- Special IP addresses
- Port numbers
- Working with DNS
- Basic and advanced router configuration
- Troubleshooting networks
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Repairing wireless connections
Skill Level Beginner
- Hey everybody, it's your pal Mike Meyers welcoming you to Cert Prep: 7 Understanding Networking. This is the seventh of 10 courses which collectively will help you pass the CompTIA A+ Core 1 220-1001 exam. And as the name implies, this is really understanding how networks work. In particular, we're going to be dealing with TCP/IP and how we use that to power, not only our individual networks, but the entire internet as well. So in this case we're going to be looking at IP addressing and we're also going to be looking at IPV6. If you haven't been playing with it, this is the course for you. And then we'll be taking a look at routers and VLANs and a lot of the tools we use to together make our networks work. Now, if we're going to be doing networks we really got to talk about wireless. So we'll also cover the 802.11 standard, setting up wireless networks and knowing what your SSIDs are, we'll also be dealing with fun stuff like meshes and we'll even go beyond wifi, looking technologies such as Bluetooth that transcend the 802.11 standard. Now if you're using the Mike Meyers McGraw-Hill A+ book, you might want to be watching chapters 19 and 20.