There are a number of different forms of cyber attack. Learn about some of the more common forms of cyber attack in this video.
- [Instructor] The first task when mounting an attack … is to find the target. … This can be done simply by scanning through the internet … to find a computer address which responds … and then doing further investigation of that address. … Checking each port on an address … will quickly reveal what services are open … and allow the attacker to start planning their attack. … IP address and port scanning are almost always … preliminary steps in attack reconnaissance. … Targets can also be identified … by using open-source intelligence, … in other words, just looking for … what information is available on the internet. … If the target is a company, … it's easy to check what host computers have names registered … to that company's domain. … Having found a target, … the next task is to deliver the attack. … Let's look at the five methods of payload delivery, … phishing via email, malicious websites, … USB sticks, access to credentials, … and software flaws. … Email phishing occurs when an email has an attachment …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.